- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mini Orange Rice Cakes Recipe
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Pint|
|Arborio rice||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Orange rind||1 , grated|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Orange juice||1 Tablespoon, squeezed|
|Orange||1 , chopped|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1057 Calories from Fat 486
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g83.9%
Saturated Fat 29.8 g148.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 547.5 mg
Sodium 640.3 mg26.7%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.8%
Sugars 78.5 g
Protein 34 g67.3%
Vitamin A 46.4% Vitamin C 177.1%
Calcium 86.7% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line tin muffin cups of 2 ounces.
2) In a saucepan, boil milk over medium heat. Add in salt, vanilla pod with seeds and arborio rice. Let it come to a boil once more while stirring frequently.
3) Turn down the flame and let it cook for 10 more minutes. Add sugar and butter and cook while stirring for 10 minutes.
4) Pour the rice mixture into a bowl. Discard the vanilla pod and add in the orange rind, mixing well. Let cool down to room temperature, stirring frequently.
5) In a bowl, add egg yolks, orange liqueur and orange juice. Beat well and add into the cooled down rice mixture.
6) In another bowl, beat the egg whites to form stiff peaks. Fold in a spoonful of the beaten whites into the rice mixture. Then fold in the rest of it till well incorporated.
7) Fill the muffin cups to their brim with the orange mixture.
8) Bake for about 20 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
9) Let the muffins cool down for 2 minutes before stripping off their lining.
10) Garnish the Mini Orange Rice Cakes with chopped oranges.
11) Dust them with a little icing sugar on top.