- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mini Meatloaves Recipe
|Olive oil||4 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Carrot||1 , finely chopped|
|Fresh breadcrumbs||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Passata||6 Fluid Ounce (175 Milliliter)|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Lean beef mince/Lean pork mince||18 Ounce (500 Gram)|
|Thyme leaves||2 Teaspoon|
|Plum tomatoes||2 , halved, seeds scraped out|
Calories 722 Calories from Fat 324
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.7%
Saturated Fat 12.1 g60.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg
Sodium 433.5 mg18.1%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.9%
Sugars 13 g
Protein 63 g126.3%
Vitamin A 125.5% Vitamin C 50.7%
Calcium 12.4% Iron 27%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
2) In a large frying pan, heat 1 teaspoon oil. Add onion and carrot to sauté and soften for 10 minutes.
3) In a large bowl, scrape these and add breadcrumbs, 5 tbsp of the passata, Worcestershire sauce, egg, mince, half the thyme and some seasoning. Combine well.
4) Use 4 large ramekins or 6 muffin tins to brush with remaining oil.
5) Press the mince mixture into them and then top with remaining passata.
6) Place a tomato half on each and sprinkle with a pinch of sugar, salt and pepper and remaining thyme.
7) Place inside the oven and bake for 50 minutes until cooked through.
8) Serve with Chive mash.