- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mini Grilled Sandwiches with Roasted Red Pepper Dip - Part 3 - Grilling Recipe Video
|Italian baguette||1 Large, cut into slices|
|Bocconcini||6 Small, sliced ((Mozzarella cheese balls))|
|Under ripe tomato||2 Medium, cut into thin half moons and dried over paper towels|
|Jarred roasted red bell pepper||28 Ounce, drained ((for dip))|
|Garlic confit||6 Clove (30 gm) ((for dip))|
|Roasted tahini||2 Tablespoon ((for dip))|
|Tomato puree||1 Cup (16 tbs), mixed with1/2 cup water ((for dip))|
|Salt||2 Pinch ((for dip))|
|Double strength concentrated tomato paste||1 Tablespoon ((for dip))|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon ((for dip))|
|Fresh parsely||2 Tablespoon, finely minced ((for garnishing))|
Calories 443 Calories from Fat 241
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g42.2%
Saturated Fat 14 g69.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 62.4 mg20.8%
Sodium 498.5 mg20.8%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.8%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 12 g24.5%
Vitamin A 78.4% Vitamin C 62.6%
Calcium 16.9% Iron 14.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Lightly butter the bread slices on one side.
2. Cut and prepare the tomatoes.
3. In a small blender jar, take roasted bell pepper, garlic confit and roasted tahini; pulse for a few seconds.
4. Add the tomato puree, salt, tomato paste and lemon juice; pulse for another few seconds.
5. Heat a pan over medium heat, grease the pan with butter and place the bread slices with their buttered side down.
6. Place cheese slices on every bread slice.
7. Top with remaining slices of bread with the buttered side up.
8. Flip them over once they are brown on the bottom.
9. When the bottom is brown and cheese is melting, take them out of the pan.
10. Plate the sandwiches and sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley.
11. Serve the mini sandwiches with roasted red pepper dip.