- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mini Breakfast Recipe Video
|Flat mushrooms||4 Medium|
|Rashes streaky bacon||4 Medium|
|Black pudding||4 Medium|
|Baby plum tomatoes||12 Small|
|Tomato ketchup||4 Tablespoon|
|White bread slices||4 Medium|
|Black pepper||2 Teaspoon, freshly milled|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For greasing)|
Calories 1342 Calories from Fat 846
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 93 g143.6%
Saturated Fat 36.6 g182.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 598.1 mg
Sodium 3657 mg152.4%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.6%
Dietary Fiber 6 g23.9%
Sugars 19.8 g
Protein 55 g109.2%
Vitamin A 53.1% Vitamin C 48.4%
Calcium 31.7% Iron 87.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the crusts off the bread and cut into 1cm croûtons.
2. Blanch and refresh the tomatoes and remove the skins.
3. Peel the mushrooms and carefully remove the stalks.
4. Place them on a baking tray and season with black pepper and drizzle over a little olive oil.
5. Remove any skin from the black pudding and place on the baking tray with the mushrooms.
6. Cut any rind off the bacon and cut each rasher into two crossways.
7. Put the tomato ketchup into a small saucepan and add a little water to make it a little more runny.
8. Pre-heat the grill to hot.
9. Have a saucepan ready to poach the eggs.
10. Fry the croûtons and keep them warm.
11. Place the tray of mushrooms and black pudding under the grill and cook for about 4 minutes.
12. Remove the tray from the grill, turn over both the mushrooms and the black pudding.
13. Add the bacon and tomatoes to the tray and replace under the grill and cook for about a further 3-4 minutes.
14. Turn the bacon half way through cooking.
15. Gently heat the tomato ketchup.
16. Bring the water for poaching the eggs to a gentle boil and poach the eggs.
17. When the breakfast is cooked, place a flat mushroom in the centre of a warmed plate, add a slice of black pudding followed by two small rashers of bacon and top with a soft poached egg.
18. Place three tomatoes and a few croutons around each plate and drizzle over with ketchup.
19. Mill over some back pepper and serve your breakfast while hot.