- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moroccan Mini Bastilla with Caramelized Pumpkin Recipe Video
|Pumpkin and walnut stuffing||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almond||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), unsalroasted, slivered|
|Powdered sugar||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Orange blossom water||2 Tablespoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄3 Teaspoon|
|Spring roll pastry sheets/Phyllo dough||6|
|Melted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Powdered sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 1914 Calories from Fat 932
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 110 g169.2%
Saturated Fat 15.9 g79.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 179.5 mg59.8%
Sodium 388 mg16.2%
Total Carbohydrates 204 g68.1%
Dietary Fiber 27.5 g109.8%
Sugars 112 g
Protein 49 g97.9%
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 0.36%
Calcium 54.2% Iron 40.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400F.
1. In a food processor, place the almonds, powdered sugar, orange blossom water, and cinnamon powder together, churn to get a chunky texture.
2. Brush a small round dish with melted butter, place 2 spring roll pastries on each side of the dish, where half of the pastry sheet is within the dish and half is outside of the dish. Brush each pastries with butter.
3. Fill the center of the dish with the Pumpkin filling and the almond mixture and wrap.
4. Cover the stuffing with a pastry sheet, invert and wrap. Brush the top of the pastries with the egg yolk. Repeat for making more bastilla. Place on a baking sheet covered with aluminium foil.
5. Bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Sift powdered sugar and cinnamon powder. Serve immediately.