- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Minestrone Soup Recipe Video
|Tomatoes||411 Gram (good quality, canned)|
|Sun dried tomatoes||50 Gram, roughly chop|
|Cooked ham||80 Gram, chop (good quality)|
|Parmesan cheese||20 Gram (1 rind)|
|Potato||1 , dice|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), peeled|
|Celery stalk||2 , slice|
|Carrots||2 , slice|
|Red onion||1 Medium, chop|
|Cauliflower florets||50 Gram|
|Button mushroom||100 Gram, slice|
|Cabbage||130 Gram, shredded|
|Black eyed peas||150 Gram|
|Chicken stock||3 Cup (48 tbs) (good quality or homemade)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Rigatoni pasta||150 Gram (about 3 handfuls)|
|Fresh italian flat leaf parsley||2 Tablespoon (good handful)|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|White fish||50 Gram, cooked (Optional)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), slice|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 612 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.5%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29 mg9.7%
Sodium 984 mg41%
Total Carbohydrates 92 g30.6%
Dietary Fiber 14.3 g57.2%
Sugars 17.9 g
Protein 34 g67.2%
Vitamin A 145.6% Vitamin C 117.1%
Calcium 25.7% Iron 50.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. Place a heavy bottomed pan on medium flame and heat olive oil in it.
3. Drop onion, carrot, mushroom, celery, ham, potato, cauliflower, sun dried tomatoes, and cabbage in it.
4. Season with salt and pepper. Give it a good stir. Cook for about 15 minutes or until lightly caramelized.
5. After 5 minutes throw oregano and dried basil. Stir and cook further.
6. Add tomatoes, peas, chicken stock, water, and Parmesan rind in pan. Stir well.
7. Cover the pan, pop it in oven and cook for 2 hours. Stir and add 1 cup of water half way through.
8. Throw parsley, black eyed peas, salt, pepper, and Rigatoni pasta. Stir and continue to cook until done.
9. In a serving bowl, ladle soup and garnish it with parsley, cheese, and garlic. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
10. Drizzle olive oil, top it with white fish and serve soup hot.