- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Minestrone Soup Recipe
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Finely chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Beef broth||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Zucchini||2 Medium, cubed|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce, undrained (1 can)|
|Canned cannellini beans||20 Ounce, undrained (1 can)|
|Elbow macaroni||1 Cup (16 tbs), uncooked|
|Finely chopped cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1563 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.5%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5435.9 mg226.5%
Total Carbohydrates 283 g94.3%
Dietary Fiber 59.3 g237.2%
Sugars 22.8 g
Protein 95 g190.5%
Vitamin A 109.9% Vitamin C 293.1%
Calcium 61.8% Iron 144.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray and heat.
2) When hot, add in the onion and celery and saute till tender.
3) Add in the remaining ingredients and allow to boil.
4) Lower the heat and without placing a lid, simmer for 30 minutes.
5) Pour out into soup bowls and garnish with chopped celery.