- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Minestrone Soup Recipe
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Green cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
|Cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Fresh garlic||2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Beef broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Canned white kidney beans||6 Ounce, drained|
|Zucchini||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Fresh basil||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Enriched small macaroni shells/Elbow macaroni||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), cooked|
|Macaroni shells/Elbow macaroni||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), cooked (Enriched, Small Sized Ones)|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Teaspoon, grated|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1093 Calories from Fat 158
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.7%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g20.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.8 mg
Sodium 3380.2 mg140.8%
Total Carbohydrates 199 g66.2%
Dietary Fiber 26.9 g107.7%
Sugars 26.7 g
Protein 48 g95.4%
Vitamin A 301.8% Vitamin C 212.7%
Calcium 55.8% Iron 75.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Heat the oil in a 2 Â½ to 3-quart saucepan.
2) Add the onion, cabbage and garlic and cook over moderate heat for about 10 minutes, occasionally stirring.
3) Add the tomatoes, broth, carrot, water and celery and cook for another 15 to 20 minutes.
4) Add the basil, salt, beans, zucchini and pepper.
5) Gently simmer the mixture for about 15 minutes, till the vegetables are soft.
6) Add the macaroni and cook till the mixture is thoroughly heated.
7) Serve hot after sprinkling with cheese and parsley.