- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Minestrone Soup Recipe
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Streaky bacon||150 Gram, diced|
|Celery stick||4 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Carrots||2 , diced|
|Potatoes||2 , diced|
|Beef stock||300 Milliliter|
|Tomato puree||25 Gram|
|Canned haricot beans||400 Gram, drained (1 Can)|
|Thyme leaves||1 Teaspoon (Picked Ones)|
|Parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (A Handful)|
|Canned chopped tomatoes||400 Gram (1 Can)|
|Spaghetti||100 Gram, broken into smaller strands|
|For the croutons|
|Stale crusty bread slice||12 (1 Loaf Cut Into 4 X 2 Cm Thick Slices)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Mozzarella||200 Gram, torn up roughly|
Calories 850 Calories from Fat 284
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.5%
Saturated Fat 13.2 g66.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 66 mg
Sodium 1606.5 mg66.9%
Total Carbohydrates 105 g34.8%
Dietary Fiber 10.2 g40.8%
Sugars 12 g
Protein 37 g73.9%
Vitamin A 153.8% Vitamin C 102%
Calcium 45.3% Iron 50.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat grill to high.
2. Take a large pan, add onion, garlic, celery, carrots and bacon and fry for about 2 min.
3. Mix potatoes and cook for 5 more min, mix in stock and allow the mixture to come to boil.
4. Add tomato puree and simmer for 45 min.
5. Mix in herbs, tomatoes, haricot beans and pasta and cook for 5 more min to allow pasta to turn soft.
6. Season with freshly ground black pepper in generous amounts.
7. Grill bread slices drizzled mildly with olive oil.
8. Take off and top with mozzarella cheese, palace back in the hot grill for 3 to 4 min to bubble.
9. Spoon soup onto warm soup bowls, top with crouton and serve immediately.