- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce, stewed , chopped (1 Can)|
|Cabbage/Zucchini||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Parsley flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned kidney beans||16 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Spaghetti||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), broken, about 2-inch pieces|
Calories 236 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.9%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 1353.2 mg56.4%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.7%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 11 g21.5%
Vitamin A 77.3% Vitamin C 40.8%
Calcium 15.1% Iron 22.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In 3-quart casserole dish, cover and cook the butter, carrots and onions in the microwave for 3 to 4 minutes.
2) Stir in the broth, tomatoes, cabbage, basil, parsley and salt, then cover and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, stirring once.
3) Stir in the kidney beans and spaghetti, cover and cook in the microwave for 9 to 10 minutes, stirring once until the vegetables are tender.
4) Allow to stand, covered for 10 minutes or until spaghetti is tender.
5) Serve immediately on individual serving dishes.