- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lean beef stew meat||1 Pound, cut into cubes|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Celery||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Water||10 Cup (160 tbs)|
|Beef instant bouillon||2 Tablespoon|
|Cabbage||1 Small, chopped|
|Carrots||4 Medium, sliced|
|Canned chickpeas||15 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Canned kidney beans||15 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Zucchini||4 Medium, sliced|
|Tomatoes||4 Medium, peeled|
|Parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Thyme leaves||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Salt free herb seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 595 Calories from Fat 157
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.2%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47.9 mg
Sodium 2686.4 mg111.9%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g25%
Dietary Fiber 19 g75.9%
Sugars 22.2 g
Protein 43 g86.5%
Vitamin A 263.5% Vitamin C 181.7%
Calcium 28.5% Iron 39.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a large Dutch oven and heat oil.
2. Put in beef, onion, celery and garlic and cook until beef is no longer pink.
3. Put in water and bouillon and bring to boil.
4. Put in cabbage, carrots, chickpeas and kidney beans.
5. Reduce heat.
6. Cover and simmer 45 minutes.
7. Put in zucchini, tomatoes, parsley and seasonings and simmer 15 minutes longer.
8. Prepare CREAMETTE Radiatore or Shells as package directs and drain.
9. Put in to soup and heat through.
10. Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
11. Refrigerate leftovers.