- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mincemeat Pear Pie Recipe
|Piecrust mix||5 1⁄2 Ounce (1/2 Package)|
|Bottled mincemeat||28 Ounce, prepared (1 jar)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pumpkin pie spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 Stick)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3392 Calories from Fat 421
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.8%
Saturated Fat 29.3 g146.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121 mg
Sodium 2696.3 mg112.3%
Total Carbohydrates 736 g245.2%
Dietary Fiber 42 g167.8%
Sugars 377.8 g
Protein 39 g78.4%
Vitamin A 31.9% Vitamin C 157.1%
Calcium 47.6% Iron 139.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Grate 1 teaspoon lemon rind; reserve. Squeeze the lemon; measure 2 tablespoons juice; reserve.
3. Pare pears; quarter and core. Slice 1 of the pears into wedges in a small bowl; sprinkle lemon juice over top, then toss lightly to coat well. Chop remaining pears.
4. Combine chopped pears, lemon rind, the mincemeat and 1/4 cup of the flour in a medium-size bowl. Spoon into prepared pastry shell. Arrange the pear wedges on top, pinwheel fashion.
5. Combine remaining 1/2 cup flour, sugar and pumpkin-pie spice in a small bowl. Cut in butter or margarine with a fork or pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle crumbs over the top of the pie.
6. Bake in hot oven (400°) 45 minutes, or until crumbs are golden-brown and filling is bubbly. Cool completely on a wire rack.