- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mincemeat Peach Pie Recipe
|Dry mincemeat||9 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned peach pie filling||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Grated orange rind||1 Tablespoon, divided|
|9 inch double crust pie pastry||1|
|Half and half||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 390 Calories from Fat 115
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.7%
Saturated Fat 5 g25.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.6 mg
Sodium 111 mg4.6%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.6%
Sugars 46.1 g
Protein 12 g24.6%
Vitamin A 0.3% Vitamin C 5.7%
Calcium 0.6% Iron 0.12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven by setting it at 425°F.
2) Take a saucepan and mix the mincemeat and water.
3) Boil the contents of the pan for a minute.
4) Add the pie filling and a couple of tablespoons of orange rind after removing it from heat.
5) Take a pie plate measuring 9 inches and pastry line it before topping it with prepared pie filling.
6) Trim the sides of the crust, carefully before sealing and fluting it.
7) Slit the top in order to let the steam escape.
8) Brush the crust with a mixture of half-and-half.
9) Sprinkle the sugar-peel powder on the pastry surface.
10) Bake it by placing it in the pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes or until it becomes brown.
11) Serve warm