- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mincemeat Brown Betty Recipe
|Coarse dry bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Apples||4 , sliced in eighths|
|Prepared mincemeat||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon (1 lemon)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 389 Calories from Fat 128
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.1%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.1 mg
Sodium 287.1 mg12%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.8%
Sugars 33.9 g
Protein 15 g29.8%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C 16.1%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 6.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a well-greased 1 1/2 to 2 quart casserole and spread 1/3 of crumbs at its bottom.
2) Now arrange half of apples and half of mincemeat in it.
3) Make a sugar, cinnamon and salt mixture and sprinkle half on mincemeat.
4) Make a layer with crumbs followed with apples and mincemeat.
5) Put the remaining sugar mixture on it and then crumbs.
6) Add lemon juice and water and then dot with butter.
7) Cover the casserole and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes and uncovered for 15 minutes.
8) Mincemeat brown betty can be served hot or cold with whipped cream.