- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Simple Mincemeat Recipe
|Soft brown sugar||1⁄2 Pound|
|Beef suet||1⁄2 Pound, shredded|
|Mixed peel||1 Ounce|
|Orange||1 , grated zest and juiced|
|Mixed spice||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4495 Calories from Fat 1956
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 217 g334.1%
Saturated Fat 119.3 g596.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 154.2 mg
Sodium 85 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 674 g224.6%
Dietary Fiber 39.6 g158.3%
Sugars 551.4 g
Protein 24 g47.6%
Vitamin A 11.8% Vitamin C 373.5%
Calcium 43.5% Iron 64.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash all dried fruit and drain well.
2. Using a knife, peel, quarter and core cooking apples.
3. In a blender, mince apples and dried fruits or finely chop them. Put into a mixing bowl.
4. Into that mixing bowl, add sugar, suet, finely chopped mixed peel, zest and juice of the orange, mixed spice and brady. Mix all ingredients together well.
5. Take dry, clean jam jars and pack the mincemeat into them, only filling to within 1 inch of the top rim. Syrup often forms on top of the mincemeat and can run over if jars are filled.
6. With cellophane or parchment covers cover jars.
7. Use the mincemeat as a filling for a dish of your choice.
Note that the flavour of mincemeat improves if it is kept for a short time before using.