- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Minced Turkey with Lime and Cilantro Recipe
|Cooked turkey breast meat||3⁄4 Pound, finely chopped|
|For yogurt sauce|
|Plain low fat yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped cilantro||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Turkey morsels||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh bread crumbs||12 Cup (192 tbs)|
|Sliced scallions||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lime||1 , zest grated|
|Finely chopped cilantro||2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Safflower oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 317 Calories from Fat 42
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.5%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.7 mg0.6%
Sodium 609.7 mg25.4%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g9%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 26 g51.5%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 12.1%
Calcium 16.6% Iron 17.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For making the sauce, in a small mixing bowl, whisk the yogurt with the cilantro, sugar, lime juice, salt and cayenne until well blended. Keep aside.
2. In a bowl, combine the minced turkey with the bread crumbs, scallions, zest, cilantro, chili powder and salt.
3. Add the egg white to the turkey mixture.
4. Using a mixing spoon or your hands, combine all the ingredients well.
5. Dampening your hands with a little water and form the meat mixture into firm, 1 inch sized balls.
6. Lightly dust the turkey balls with flour.
7. In a shallow, heavy-bottomed skillet, heat the oil over a medium flame.
8. When the oil is hot, gently add the turkey balls and fry using a slotted spoon turning to evenly brown them on all sides.
9. Remove on a paper towel and allow the excess oil to be absorbed.
10. Transfer the meat balls to a warm platter.
11. Serve with the yogurt sauce placed in the center of the platter.