- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mince Squares Recipe
|Biscuit mix||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Prepared mincemeat||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||3⁄4 Can (7.5 oz) (Or 1 Small Can)|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon, melted|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Whipping)|
|Confectioners powdered sugar||2 Tablespoon (10X)|
Calories 716 Calories from Fat 186
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.8%
Saturated Fat 11.3 g56.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 138.5 mg
Sodium 300.5 mg12.5%
Total Carbohydrates 117 g38.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.2%
Sugars 53.9 g
Protein 16 g31.6%
Vitamin A 9.6% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 35.4% Iron 17%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, combine together the biscuit mix and brown and granulated sugars.
3) In a small bowl, beat the eggs slightly and add the mincemeat, evaporated milk and melted butter or margarine. Stir well.
4) Into the biscuit mixture, pour the eggs mixture all at once and stir till evenly moist.
5) In a greased baking pan of 9x9x2-inches, spread the concoction.
6) Bake in preheated for about 35 minutes or till a wooden pick inserted in the center emerges clean. On the wire rack, cool slightly while still in the pan.
7) In a medium-sized bowl, beat together the cream and the 10X sugar till the mixture is stiff.
8) Cut the preparation into squares and place on serving plates. Spoon the whipped cream on the top of the slices.
9) Serve warm.