- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Milo's Monte Cristo Sandwich Recipe Video
|Deli sliced ham||4 Ounce (2 slices)|
|Deli sliced turkey||4 Ounce (2 slices)|
|Swiss cheese/Gruyere cheese||4 Ounce (2 slices)|
|Bread slices||3 Large (egg bread)|
|Mustard/Mayonnaise||2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1290 Calories from Fat 575
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g99.6%
Saturated Fat 33.1 g165.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 571 mg190.3%
Sodium 3304.9 mg137.7%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.3%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.1%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 95 g190.6%
Vitamin A 34.5% Vitamin C 0.5%
Calcium 113% Iron 36.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For each sandwich use 3 slices of bread. Spread one side of bread with mustard or mayonnaise if using.
2. Then cover with slices of ham and a slice of cheese.
3. Spread with a little mustard or other mayonnaise on both sides of second side, if desired. Place on top of ham slice and top with thin slices of turkey and one slice of cheese.
4. Place third slice for top; press sandwich lightly and trim crusts.
5. Cut into halves diagonally and secure each quarter with toothpicks.
6. Beat eggs with milk and salt. Dip sandwich halves into the egg mixture.
7. Fry on a hot skillet or griddle in butter. Brown on all sides, adding more butter when necessary.
8. Remove toothpicks before serving.
9. Arrange on a plate and serve with jam and fresh fruit if you like.