- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Millet with Apricots Recipe
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Uncooked millet||1 1⁄2 Ounce, hulled|
|Canned apricot halves||4 (With 2 Tablespoons Juice, No Sugar Added)|
|Apricot juice||2 Tablespoon (No Sugar Added)|
|Artificial sweetener||1 Pinch (Equal 2 Teaspoons Sugar - As Required)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Calories 226 Calories from Fat 14
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.4%
Saturated Fat 0.32 g1.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.2 mg
Sodium 93.8 mg3.9%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 32.9 g
Protein 3 g6.3%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C 22.4%
Calcium 12.8% Iron 21.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Slice apricots into 1/2-inch pieces.
2) Combine 1/2 cup milk and water in top half of a double boiler and allow the mixture to come to a boil over direct heat.
3) Slowly mix in millet and salt and cook the mixture for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
4) Cover tightly and place this over hot water and cook for 35 to 40 minutes until all liquid is absorbed.
5) Take a bowl and mix together apricots, 2 tablespoons juice, sweetener, sugar, margarine, vanilla, and remaining 1/2 cup milk in it.
6) Mix this with the millet mixture and cook for about 5 minutes until almost all liquid is absorbed.
7) Serve at once.