- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Millet Stuffing Recipe
|Millet||6 Cup (96 tbs), cooked|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Celery seed||1 Teaspoon|
|Tamari||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 649 Calories from Fat 122
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.9%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.2 mg6.7%
Sodium 623.4 mg26%
Total Carbohydrates 111 g37.1%
Dietary Fiber 13.5 g53.8%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 18 g36.3%
Vitamin A 11.4% Vitamin C 5.3%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 30.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large skillet or saucepan, melt the butter over a medium flame.
2. When the butter has melted, add the chopped celery and sauté for 2 minutes until soft.
3. To the celery, add the spices, herbs and seasonings and sauté for 1 minute. You can increase the amount of spice as per your liking.
4. Further add water and tamari and stir to blend well with the spices and celery.
5. Finally add the cooked millet and sauté until well mixed with the mixture.
6. Reduce the flame and simmer the millet for 10 minutes, stirring often to prevent it from burning or sticking to the pan.
7. Dish the millet into a casserole and serve hot along with a stew or curry.
8. You can also use this as a stuffing for turkey or chicken or as an accompaniment to other meat dishes.