- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Millet Chickpea Casserole Recipe
|Cooked millet||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cooked chickpeas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped green peppers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Curry powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Pinch|
Calories 189 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.9%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg
Sodium 358.5 mg14.9%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.7%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 6 g11.6%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C 15.8%
Calcium 2.2% Iron 8.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large skillet or saucepan, melt the butter over a medium flame.
2. When the butter starts to foam, add the hing, curry powder, coriander powder and. sauté the spices for 1 minute in the oil.
3. Add the sliced peppers and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Pour in the tamari.
5. Finally add the cooked and drained chick peas and millet. Sauté until well mixed with the spices and peppers.
6. Taste for seasoning and add salt accordingly.
7. Heat for 5 minutes, stirring until the beans and millet are hot.
8. Dish out into a serving casserole.
9. Garnish with coriander or parsley.
10. Serve hot with a vegetable or meat curry.