- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Millet Breakfast Pudding Recipe
|Cooked millet||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Grated coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raisins/Chopped dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground sunny seeds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 370 Calories from Fat 34
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.3%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 7 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.1%
Sugars 17.8 g
Protein 24 g48%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 2.5%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 21.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F
2. Grease a baking dish with oil or butter.
3. In the greased baking dish, combine the cooked millet with the grated coconut and raisins and toss lightly to mix.
4. In a liquidizer or food processor jar, combine the water, honey, vanilla, lemon juice and ground seeds.
5. Blend the mixture in short bursts to get a smooth milky liquid.
6. Pour this liquid over the millet mixture in the baking dish and mix well. Layer evenly using a spatula.
7. Place the dish in the preheated oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes until the pudding is set.
8. Remove from the oven and allow it to rest and cool for 10 minutes so that all the liquid is absorbed by the millet.
9. Serve warm.
10. Spoon the pudding into individual bowls at the table.