- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Milk Fudge Recipe Video
|Milk powder||1 Cup (16 tbs), non fat|
|Bura sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Saffron strands||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cardamom powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Heavy whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Clarified butter||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (ghee)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 966 Calories from Fat 566
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g99.1%
Saturated Fat 39.8 g199%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 231.7 mg
Sodium 221 mg9.2%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.4 g1.6%
Sugars 83.5 g
Protein 14 g28%
Vitamin A 43.1% Vitamin C 8.2%
Calcium 51.5% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a heavy bottomed cooking pot melt 1 tsp ghee and add cream and milk powder and cook till the mixture gets thick on low to medium heat.
2. In 1 tbsp milk dissolve the saffron strands to get the color.
3. Once the mawa starts getting thicker, stir the dissolved saffron till it gets solid-like for about 7-8 minutes.
4. Remove from the stove when it gets thick and does not brown.
5. Spread on a plate and allow it to cool down completely.
6. Break the lumps and mix sugar and cardamom powder.
7. Apply little ghee in your palm and make small balls with your fist.
8. Press design molds over pedas to get impressions or use a knife to make designs.
9. Stick pistachios on the peda and serve.
Alternately you can make the peda out of paneer or chenna and follow the same procedure to thicken it, color it and sweeten.