- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pumpkin and Chocolate Cake Recipe Video
|Flour||3 1⁄3 Cup (53.33 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Canned pumpkin||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Milk chocolate chips||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), divided|
Calories 839 Calories from Fat 308
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.1%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g37.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86.1 mg
Sodium 715.5 mg29.8%
Total Carbohydrates 127 g42.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.6%
Sugars 78.7 g
Protein 9 g18.9%
Vitamin A 193% Vitamin C 4.4%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 18%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Prepare the bundt cake pan and loaf pan by buttering and flouring it. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar and mix well.
4. Put oil, eggs, milk and canned pumpkin. Mix well to combine.
5. Add 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips and fold it in slowly into the batter.
6. Pour the batter into the loaf pan to fill it half and the remaining batter into the prepared bundt pan.
7. Bake the load pan for 45 minutes and the bundt pan for 1 hour.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool before trying to remove the cake from the pan.
9. In the meanwhile, melt the remaining chocolate chips in a double boiler (water should be hot not boiling.
10. Transfer the cakes onto plates and brush the melted chocolate over them. Let the chocolate harden before serving.
11. In a serving plate, slice and serve the cake as dessert.