- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mile High Shredded Beef Recipe
|Chuck roast/Round steak||3 Pound|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon (As Required)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Beef broth/Bouillon||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Ketchup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||4 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Hot pepper sauce||3 Drop|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 641 Calories from Fat 193
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.1%
Saturated Fat 7.1 g35.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 183.7 mg
Sodium 1690.3 mg70.4%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.6%
Sugars 28.4 g
Protein 77 g153.9%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C 8%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 42.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a Dutch oven; heat oil in it and brown beef on both sides.
2) Stir in onion and celery and then pour in broth.
3) Simmer the mixture, covered for 3-4 hours until meat is tender.
4) Take off the meat and then cool it.
5) Shred the cooled meat.
6) Drain the broth from vegetables, saving 1-1/2 cups and remove any fat from the surface.
7) Place the meat, vegetables and broth back to Dutch oven and then mix in rest of the ingredients.
8) Allow the mixture to simmer until heated through. (Better option is to cook in a slow cooker on low heat.)
9) Take off bay leaf and serve hot.