- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mid Summer Salad Recipe
|Ripe melon||1 Small (Such As Cantaloupe Or Honeydew)|
|Strawberries||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), hulled|
|Cucumber/3 inch piece||1|
|Head of lettuce||1 Small, shredded|
|Oil vinegar dressing/Prepared dressing||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped mint||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Slivered almonds||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 194 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.4%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 135.3 mg5.6%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.4%
Sugars 18.9 g
Protein 4 g8.8%
Vitamin A 194.2% Vitamin C 173.8%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Quarter melon into, remove and discard seeds and skin and with a melon bailer scoop into balls or cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
2. Make thin slices out of strawberries and cucumber.
3. To serve, on a large serving plate or 4 individual plates arrange lettuce.
4. Over lettuce arrange melon balls or cubes, strawberry slices and cucumber slices.
5. In a small bowl, combine oil-and-vinegar dressing, mint, salt and pepper and pour over salad immediately before serving with a sprinkle of almonds.
6. Serve with a selection of hard and soft cheeses or ham.