- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mid East Mud Lentils with Bulgur Recipe
|Uncooked lentils||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Large, chopped|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Bulgur||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), unsoaked|
|Scallions||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
|Hard boiled egg||1 , sliced (for garnish)|
Calories 306 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g20.9%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.3 mg
Sodium 343 mg14.3%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.9%
Dietary Fiber 13.2 g52.8%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 12 g23.4%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 16%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Rinse the lentils well in at least 5 cups of water.
2. Boil water and let the lentils simmer for 15 minutes.
3. In a skillet add olive oil and warm it.
4. Add chopped onions and fry them till golden brown in color. Fry for 7 minutes.
5. Add pepper, salt, onion and bulgur.
6. Cook for 25 minutes keeping the can covered. Stand for 15 minutes.
7. Taste to adjust the seasonings.
8. Serve Mid East Mud Lentils With Bulgur garnished with hard boiled egg slices and scallions.