- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Microwave Toasted Almonds Recipe
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), slivered|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 313 Calories from Fat 255
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.9%
Saturated Fat 9 g45.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg
Sodium 2 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.4%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 8 g15.4%
Vitamin A 7.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 9.8% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Into the pie plate, add in butter. Microwave on HIGH for 60 seconds till the butter melts completely.
2) Add in the slivered almonds into the butter. Mix well to coat.
3) Microwave once again on HIGH for about 4 1/2 minutes. Stir once in between the cooking time till the almonds brown slightly.
4) Let the almonds rest in the pie plate for about 5 minutes before serving. The almonds tend to get darker in color the longer they are allowed to sit.
5) To serve, sprinkle buttered almonds over cooked broccoli and other greens, sauted celery etc.