- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Microwave Peanut Brittle Recipe Video
|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Crushed peanuts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 855 Calories from Fat 398
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g73%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.1 mg2.7%
Sodium 385.2 mg16%
Total Carbohydrates 97 g32.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.6%
Sugars 65.1 g
Protein 23 g46.5%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 9% Iron 22.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a microwave safe bowl, add corn syrup, and sugar. Mix well.
2. Put it in microwave on high for 4 minutes.
3. Drop crushed peanuts in it. Mix well.
4. Return it to the microwave for 4 minutes on high.
5. Throw butter, and vanilla in it. Mix to incorporate. Pop it into the microwave for 2 minutes on high.
6. Add baking soda and quickly mix it all in.
7. Grease a baking tray, and transfer mixture on it. Spread evenly, and place it in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes or until nice and cold.
8. Break into chunks and serve immediately.