- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Microwave Pasta Pie Recipe
|Spaghetti||8 Ounce, cooked, drained|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Italian turkey sausage||1 Pound (1 Package, Fresh Sweet / Hot)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Italian sweet peppers||1 , chopped|
|Herbed tomato sauce||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, dried|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||4 Ounce (1 Package)|
Calories 296 Calories from Fat 104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.7 mg
Sodium 842.2 mg35.1%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 19 g37%
Vitamin A 22.9% Vitamin C 41.3%
Calcium 16.5% Iron 41.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Use a 10-inch microwave-safe pie plate to arrange spaghetti.
2) Sprinkle parmesan cheese and butter; toss until evenly coated.
3) Form pasta crust by arranging pasta on bottom and up side of plate.
4) Cover with aluminum foil and set aside.
5) In another 2 1/2-quart microwave-safe dish, arrange sausage and cover with waxed paper.
6) Place inside microwave to cook on HIGH for 4 minutes.
7) Thinly slice the sausage.
8) Add onion and sweet pepper.
9) Cover with waxed paper and microwave at HIGH 3 to 4 minutes, stirring twice.
10) Discard excess juice from pan and stir in tomato sauce, garlic, parsley, basil and oregano into meat mixture.
11) Use the pasta shells to fill with the mixture.
12) Top with mozzarella cheese in circle over sauce.
13) Place inside microwave to cook without cover at HIGH for 1 to 2 minutes until cheese is melted.
14) Cover with a foil to stand for 5 minutes.
15) Serve the pasta pie hot by garnishing with additional grated cheese, if you wish.