- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Microwave French Onion Soup Recipe
|Onions||3 Medium, thinly sliced and separated into rings|
|Beef broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Shredded swiss cheese||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 675 Calories from Fat 311
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.4%
Saturated Fat 21.8 g108.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 92.1 mg
Sodium 1809.3 mg75.4%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g23.9%
Dietary Fiber 11.3 g45.2%
Sugars 27.1 g
Protein 22 g44.8%
Vitamin A 20.3% Vitamin C 77.3%
Calcium 43.2% Iron 17%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a microwaveable casserole, place the onions and butter or margarine.
2. Cover the casserole and place it in the microwave.
3. In the microwave, cook the onions on 100 per cent power or High for 6 to 8 minutes, till the onion is very tender, stirring once in between.
4. Take the casserole out of the microwave, and add the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper
5. Mix everything well together.
6. Cover the casserole and place it back in the microwave.
7. In the microwave, cook the mixture on High for 4 to 6 minutes more, till it is heated through.
8. Serve sprinkled with croutons and shredded cheese.