- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Microwave Chocolate Custard Recipe
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (preferably 2% milk fat)|
|Instant dry milk powder||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (preferably nonfat)|
|Chocolate syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Unsweetened cocoa||1 Tablespoon|
|Frozen dairy whipped topping||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), thawed|
Calories 166 Calories from Fat 64
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.4%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68.9 mg
Sodium 85.1 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 15.5 g
Protein 7 g14.2%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 16.9% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium mixing bowl lightly beat egg; continuing to stir using a wire whisk.
2. In a microwave proof bowl combine together milks, chocolate syrup, sugar, and cocoa, using a wire whisk
3. Microwave on High (100%) for 2 minutes.
4. Gradually mix the beaten eggs with the milk mixture.
5. Spray four 6-ounce microwavable custard cups with nonstick cooking spray and pour 1/4 custard mixture into each cup.
6. Set cups in 8 x 8 x 2-inch microwavable baking dish and pour hot water into dish until water is at the same level as custard mixture in cups.
7. Microwave on Medium (50%) for 18 minutes, rotating baking dish 1/4 turn every 4 1/2 minutes (until a knife, inserted in center, comes out clean).
8. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
9. Remove cups from water and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour or until chilled.
10. Invert each custard on to individual serving plates.
11. Top each with 1 tablespoon whipped topping and serve chill.