- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Microwave Broccoli Bake Recipe
|Frozen broccoli spears||20 Ounce (2 packets)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Cream of shrimp soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Grated lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 209 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.9%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g46%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 51.6 mg
Sodium 503.8 mg21%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 5 g9.6%
Vitamin A 15.4% Vitamin C 56.5%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 2-quart casserole, add in the broccoli and 1/4 cup water. Cover the casserole and microwave on HIGH for about 9 minutes.
2) Stir the broccoli once in between. It must turn tender, yet stay slightly crisp.
3) Drain the broccoli.
4) In a 8X8-inch baking dish, arrange the broccoli neatly such that the broccoli heads and stems alternate with each other.
5) Into a 2-quart casserole, add in the onion and butter. Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes or till they turn slightly tender.
6) Add in the cream cheese into the casserola nd microwave for 60 seconds to soften.
7) Add in the cream of shrimp soup, lemon peel, salt and pepper. Mix well and pour the mixture over the broccoli in the baking dish.
8) Sprinkle the top with paprika.
9) Cover the dish with a wax paper. Microwave for about 7 minutes on HIGH or till the mixture has heated through completely. Turn the dish a 1/2 turn midway between the cooking time.
10) Serve the Broccoli Bake hot, with a fresh sprinkling of grated cheese on top.