- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Microwave Bread Sauce Recipe
|Onion||1 Small, quartered|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 698 Calories from Fat 360
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g62.6%
Saturated Fat 24 g120%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 109 mg
Sodium 977.8 mg40.7%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.7%
Sugars 32.9 g
Protein 22 g43.2%
Vitamin A 25.2% Vitamin C 16.7%
Calcium 67.3% Iron 16.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a deep, microwavable dish, add in the onion, bay leaf, peppercorns, cloves and milk.
2) Cook the mixture for 3 minutes till the milk boils.
3) Cover the dish and let it for 1 minute.
4) Strain the mixture and transfer back into the same dish.
5) Add in the breadcrumbs and butter. Cover again and microwave 2 minutes.
6) Sprinkle salt and mix well. Let the bread sauce rest for 10 minutes before serving.
7) If cold, reheat the bread sauce in the microwave.
8) It is best served over chicken, turkey or pheasant.