- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dandy Meyer Lemon Compote Recipe Video
|White granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) ((more if you like it sweet))|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 858 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.6%
Saturated Fat 0.14 g0.68%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 10.9 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 238 g79.3%
Dietary Fiber 16.4 g65.4%
Sugars 200.5 g
Protein 4 g8.4%
Vitamin A 2.1% Vitamin C 446.6%
Calcium 21.5% Iron 13.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Remove the rind of the Dandy Meyer Lemons with a peeler.
2. Add the peels to a blender and blitz them into small pieces for finer compote, larger for a more textured compote.
3. Remove the pith from each Meyer lemon and then discard it.
4. Slice the Meyer lemons in half, and then juice them, pulling the flesh of the Meyer lemon away from the skin.
5. To a sauce-pan on medium to low heat add the juice, the flesh and the rind of the Meyer lemon.
6. Once warm, add the sugar and stir until the mixture is thick and the juice is reduced.
7. Before placing in a storage jar, allow it to cool to room temperature. Serve as desired.