- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mexican Platter Dip Recipe
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Taco seasoning mix||1 1⁄4 Ounce|
|Canned refried beans||30 Ounce|
|Green onion||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Canned ripe olives||2 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||4 Ounce|
|Corn chips/Tortilla chips||2 Dozen|
Calories 1201 Calories from Fat 750
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 85 g130.8%
Saturated Fat 18.1 g90.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 58.7 mg
Sodium 2167.5 mg90.3%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g30%
Dietary Fiber 18.6 g74.5%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 24 g47.9%
Vitamin A 38.4% Vitamin C 48.1%
Calcium 28.4% Iron 70.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel, pit, and mash avocados.
2. In a large bowl, combine mashed avocados, lemon juice, garlic salt, and Tabasco.
3. Blend well.
4. Cover bowl and refrigerate to chill.
5. In a separate bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, and taco seasoning mix.
6. Cover and chill as well.
7. To assemble, use a large round platter or serving dish
8. Spread beans in an even layer, leaving 1-inch space all around the edge.
9. Top with avocado mixture, leaving bean layer exposed all around.
10. Top with sour cream mixture, leaving avocado mixture exposed all around.
11. Sprinkle with green onion, tomatoes, ripe olives, and Cheddar cheese.
12. Serve this a dip with corn chips or tortilla chips, or serve onto plates in pie-shaped wedges.