- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mexican Bhel Recipe
|Flour tortillas||10 Large|
|Frying oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For frying)|
|Chopped spring onion||1 Medium|
|Green pepper||1 , finely chopped (bell pepper)|
|Lettuce||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
|Fat free refried beans||16 Ounce|
|Taco seasoning mix||50 Gram|
|Enchilada sauce||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chunky salsa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Finely chopped fresh jalapeno||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped (green chilies)|
|Cumin powder||To Taste|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chili powder||To Taste|
Calories 1883 Calories from Fat 1277
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 139 g213.3%
Saturated Fat 29.8 g148.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.3 mg10.1%
Sodium 4081.5 mg170.1%
Total Carbohydrates 122 g40.8%
Dietary Fiber 13.1 g52.3%
Sugars 15.8 g
Protein 27 g54%
Vitamin A 91.2% Vitamin C 146.4%
Calcium 25.1% Iron 34.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Place the refried beans in a large saucepan, cover the beans with 1 inch of water, and stir in 1 pk of taco seasoning mix. Place over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Place enchilada sauce in another sauce pan and mix with small can of tomato sauce. Add cumin powder, chili powder and salt to taste; use water as needed to achieve desired consistency. Bring to a boil over high heat, and then reduce heat to low, and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Now take fried tortillas in a serving plate, topped with hot seasoned refried beans and enchilada sauce mix. Sprinkle cheddar cheese to get melts.
5. And mix all the other ingredients to it: onions, green paper, and shredded lettuce.
6. Topped with chopped fresh cilantro.
7. One can add salsa and jalapeño if like really hot.