- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mexican Bhel Recipe
|Flour tortillas||10 Large|
|Frying oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For frying)|
|Chopped spring onion||1 Medium|
|Green pepper||1 , finely chopped (bell pepper)|
|Lettuce||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
|Fat free refried beans||16 Ounce|
|Taco seasoning mix||50 Gram|
|Enchilada sauce||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chunky salsa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Finely chopped fresh jalapeno||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped (green chilies)|
|Cumin powder||To Taste|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chili powder||To Taste|
Calories 1867 Calories from Fat 1272
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 138 g212.5%
Saturated Fat 29.8 g148.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.3 mg
Sodium 3753.1 mg156.4%
Total Carbohydrates 120 g40.1%
Dietary Fiber 15.9 g63.8%
Sugars 11.4 g
Protein 26 g51.8%
Vitamin A 114.6% Vitamin C 109.8%
Calcium 29.3% Iron 38.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Place the refried beans in a large saucepan, cover the beans with 1 inch of water, and stir in 1 pk of taco seasoning mix. Place over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Place enchilada sauce in another sauce pan and mix with small can of tomato sauce. Add cumin powder, chili powder and salt to taste; use water as needed to achieve desired consistency. Bring to a boil over high heat, and then reduce heat to low, and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Now take fried tortillas in a serving plate, topped with hot seasoned refried beans and enchilada sauce mix. Sprinkle cheddar cheese to get melts.
5. And mix all the other ingredients to it: onions, green paper, and shredded lettuce.
6. Topped with chopped fresh cilantro.
7. One can add salsa and jalapeño if like really hot.