- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mexican Bean Chowder Recipe
|Dried lima beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onions||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raw rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mashed potato||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned cream style corn||15 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Canned mushrooms||6 Ounce|
Calories 315 Calories from Fat 58
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.3%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 682.8 mg28.5%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.3%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 7 g13.6%
Vitamin A 6.7% Vitamin C 34.8%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 6.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a bowl and soak beans in it overnight.
2) Preheat oven to 350° F.
3) Take a saucepan and cook beans in salted water for about 1 hour. Drain.
4) Take a skillet and heat butter in it.
5) Add onions and celery. Sauté until soft.
6) Take a large casserole and place all ingredients in it except mushrooms.
7) Add 3 quarts of boiling water.
8) Cover and cook for about 1 1/2 hours.
9) Adjust the seasonings, if required.
10) Float the mushrooms on surface. Serve immediately.