- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mexican Stuffed Zucchini Recipe
|Zucchini||2 Pound (Four Medium)|
|Bacon slices||2 , cut up|
|Chopped mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned chopped green chiles||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Canned whole kernel corn||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Sliced black olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cooked rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1395 Calories from Fat 484
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g85.1%
Saturated Fat 27 g135.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 336 mg
Sodium 3060.3 mg127.5%
Total Carbohydrates 170 g56.6%
Dietary Fiber 24.7 g98.7%
Sugars 51 g
Protein 61 g122%
Vitamin A 372.3% Vitamin C 541.4%
Calcium 105.5% Iron 62.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2. Chop and discard stems of washed zucchini and halve them lengthwise. Scoop out and deseed and keep aside.
3. Take a medium skillet with a tight, add 2 cups water and 1 tbsp salt and bring to boil. Place zucchini with cut face down. Cover and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat or till zucchini turns tender. Drain thoroughly.
4. Sauté bacon in a medium skillet to crispy. Drain the bacon and discard the fat.
5. Mix in green pepper, mushrooms, garlic, onions and chilies and sauté for 5 minutes till onions turn tender. Take off from heat, mix in tomato sauce, corn, ½ tsp salt, rice, olives, egg and pepper thoroughly with the mixture.
6. Fill rice mixture evenly on to zucchini halves, top with cheese, place in the roasting pan bottom and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or till well heated.
7. Serve hot.