- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mexican Sombreros Tostadas Recipe
|Monterey jack cheese||10 Ounce, shredded (1 Package)|
|Shredded romaine lettuce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Diced tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced ripe olives||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced radishes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Tortillas||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Canned kidney beans||30 1⁄2 Ounce (2 Cans, 15 1/4 Ounce Each)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Calories 765 Calories from Fat 462
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g82.9%
Saturated Fat 17.6 g88.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 69.9 mg
Sodium 1368.1 mg57%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18.1%
Dietary Fiber 12 g48.2%
Sugars 13 g
Protein 25 g50.4%
Vitamin A 22.5% Vitamin C 18.1%
Calcium 53.2% Iron 17.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In individual salad bowls or salad dishes, arrange cheese, romaine, tomatoes, olives, radishes, onion and sour cream.
2. Cover each bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
3. In a food processor or liquidizer, blend the kidney beans into a smooth thick paste.
4. In a 1 ½ quart saucepan, combine blended beans, garlic powder and chili powder. Stir to mix well.
5. Simmer until heated though. Keep hot.
6. In an 9-inch skillet or frying pan, heat oil
7. Place one tortilla at a time and fry on both sides until crispy and golden.
8. Use a pair of tongs to remove "tostada" from oil and drain on paper toweling.
9. Keep warm in a heated oven until you fry the remaining tortillas.
10. Put kidney beans into container of electric blender. Whirl until smooth.
11. Arrange tostadas on a platter, serve beans in a serving bowl and arrange cheese and vegetable bowls around.
12. Let guest assemble their own tostadas by spread some beans on tostada, and topping with cheese and vegetables.
13. Garnish with sour cream.