- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mexican Snack Squares Recipe
|Refrigerated crescent dinner rolls||16 Ounce (Pillsbury, 2 cans, 8-oz.each)|
|Canned refried beans||16 Ounce (1 can)|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Taco seasoning mix||2 Tablespoon (from 1 1/4-oz. package)|
|Cheddar cheese||6 Ounce, shredded (1 1/2 cups)|
|Green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped and seeded|
|Ripe olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
Calories 840 Calories from Fat 472
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81.8%
Saturated Fat 24.6 g123.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 247.6 mg
Sodium 2111.9 mg88%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g34.1%
Sugars 14.2 g
Protein 33 g66.8%
Vitamin A 47.7% Vitamin C 44.6%
Calcium 49.7% Iron 61.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Spread the dough into 4 long rectangles.
3) Arrange crosswise on non-stick baking pan, press over bottom and 1 inch up sides to form a crust.
4) Press down the perforations to seal.
5) Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until light browned.
6) Remove from the oven and allow to cooled down.
7) Cover the crust with beans leaving 1/2 inch edges.
8) In a bowl, mix together sour cream and taco seasoning mix.
9) Smear the beans with sour cream mixture.
10) Dredge with cheese, onions, bell pepper, tomatoes and olives equally over sour cream mixture.
11) Cover the crust with plastic film and refrigerate for 1 hour.
12) Cut in crust in 2 inch squares.
13) Arrange the squares on the serving platter and serve with salsa if desired.