- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mexican Pork Strips Recipe
|Boneless pork loin roast||1 1⁄4 Pound (Single Loin)|
|Fresh lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Tomatoes||2 , seeded and finely chopped|
|Chopped green chilies||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||2 Tablespoon|
|Green onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Ground cumin||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 337 Calories from Fat 149
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.7%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 112 mg
Sodium 317.7 mg13.2%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 40 g79.5%
Vitamin A 25.5% Vitamin C 71.2%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Combine the lime juice, oil and garlic in a cup. Place the pork in a plastic bag; add the marinade and turn to coat the pork. Close the bag securely and marinate the pork in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
3. Soak four 9-inch bamboo skewers in water for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the Salsa: Combine the chopped tomatoes, chilies, cilantro, sliced green onion, cumin and salt in a medium-size bowl; cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving time.
5. Remove the pork from the marinade. Thread the strips of pork (weaving back and forth) on the bamboo skewers. Place the kabobs on a rack in a broiler pan so the surface of the meat is 3 inches from the heat.
6. Broil the kabobs for 6 minutes, turning several times.