- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mexican Pizzas Recipe
|Red and green salsa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Chorizo||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Shredded monterey jack cheese||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|10 inch flour tortillas||3|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3168 Calories from Fat 2259
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 253 g389.5%
Saturated Fat 145.2 g725.8%
Trans Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 792.3 mg
Sodium 6431.6 mg268%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.8%
Sugars 12.4 g
Protein 139 g278.6%
Vitamin A 154.8% Vitamin C 14.1%
Calcium 377% Iron 30.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Remove and discard casing from chorizo. Heat medium skillet over high heat; reduce heat to medium. Crumble chorizo into skillet; cook, stirring frequently and breaking up into small pieces, until brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon; drain on paper toweling.
3. Heat oven to '450°F (230°C). Mix Cheddar and Jack cheeses in small bowl.
4. Place tortillas on baking sheets. Top with chorizo, dividing evenly, leaving 1/2 inch (1.3 cm) of tortilla edges uncovered. Sprinkle cheese mixture over chorizo
5. Bake, uncovered, until edges are crisp and golden and cheese is bubbly, 8 to 10 minutes.
6. Transfer to serving plates; cut each pizza into 6 wedges.