- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mexican Minced Meat Dish Recipe
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Ground pork||1⁄2 Pound|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped hot chiles||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Pine nuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 722 Calories from Fat 518
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g90.9%
Saturated Fat 13.2 g65.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.8 mg
Sodium 3272.9 mg136.4%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.2%
Sugars 16.6 g
Protein 25 g50.7%
Vitamin A 29.8% Vitamin C 86.6%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 27.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Arrange all the required ingredients.
2) In a baking dish, pour 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and heat for about 30 seconds.
3) From the oven, remove the baking dish and saute ground beef and pork.
4) To the beef and pork, add the remaining oil, onion, green pepper, hot chilli pepper and garlic.
5) Cook for 3 minutes, stirring every 1 minute.
6) Add stewed tomatoes, pine nuts, raisins, salt, chilli powder and pepper.
7) Cover and cook for 9 minutes and 30 seconds, stirring every 3 minutes.
8) Let the dish stand for 8 minutes before serving.