- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mexican Lentils And Rice Recipe
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Sweet peppers||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lentils||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Defatted chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 516 Calories from Fat 59
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.4%
Saturated Fat 1 g5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 459.8 mg19.2%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.5%
Dietary Fiber 22.7 g90.7%
Sugars 10.8 g
Protein 26 g52.3%
Vitamin A 237.9% Vitamin C 154.1%
Calcium 19.7% Iron 39.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a 2-quart saucepan and heat over medium-high flame. Heat some oil for 30 seconds.
2. Stir in carrots, peppers and onions. Saute for 2 minutes.
3. Then, add rice, lentils and sauté again for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in stock, chilli powder and cumin. Bring the mixture to boil.
5. Mix once, cover, and simmer the pan for 12 minutes.
6. Stir in the peas. Cover the pan and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until the rice is tender.
7. Serve hot in a serving dish.