- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mexican Lamb Stew Recipe
|Milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lamb||2 Pound, cut into pieces|
|Chopped peaches||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Canned Or Fresh)|
|Walnut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped toasted|
|Hot cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1106 Calories from Fat 732
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 83 g127.2%
Saturated Fat 42.4 g211.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 263 mg
Sodium 391.7 mg16.3%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.1%
Sugars 19.9 g
Protein 53 g106.9%
Vitamin A 28.2% Vitamin C 8.5%
Calcium 36% Iron 35.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cook a mixture of milk, onion, bay leaves, thyme, salt and pepper being careful not to boil.
2) Fry lamb in hot butter until golden.
3) Stir in to hot milk and uncover and simmer over low heat for about 1 hour or more until lamb is soft and milk has cooked away.
4) Take a hot serving dish; arrange lamb on it and decorate with peaches, raisins, walnuts and capers.
5) Serve the stew over rice.