- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mexican Crepes Recipe
|Buttermilk baking mix||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Taco seasoning mix||1 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Sweet green pepper||1 Medium, cored, seeded and chopped|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned refried beans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded lettuce||4 Ounce (For Serving)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||2 Ounce (For Serving)|
|Dairy sour cream||2 Tablespoon (For Serving)|
|Sliced ripe olives||2 Tablespoon (For Serving)|
Calories 353 Calories from Fat 207
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.5%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g46.1%
Trans Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 106.3 mg
Sodium 724.9 mg30.2%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 16 g32.7%
Vitamin A 39.8% Vitamin C 41.7%
Calcium 13.4% Iron 16.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 375°.
2) Take a large size baking dish and grease it.
3) Take a medium size bowl and mix together milk, buttermilk baking mix, 3 tablespoons taco seasoning mix and beaten eggs.
4) Take a greased non-stick skillet and heat it. Pour 1/4 cup batter on it to make 1 crepe. Rotate the skillet to spread batter evenly. Cook for about 1 minute or until golden brown.
5) Flip the crepe and cook on the other side. The batter should make about 8 crepes.
6) Stack prepared crepes between pieces of wax paper.
7) Take a skillet and brown the beef in it. Drain any excess fat and stir in remaining taco mix. Add onion, water and green pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until mixture is adequately thickened, stirring frequently.
8) Spoon out refried beans and beef mixture evenly on all the crepes. Fold sides and ends of crepes over the filling. Place crepes, keeping the seam side down, on the prepared baking sheet.
9) Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until heated through.
10) Pour caramel sauce over Crepes and serve.