- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mexican Crab And Corn Soup Recipe
|Roma tomatoes||1 Pound|
|Onion||1⁄2 Pound, peeled and cut into 1-inch wedges (1 Onion)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm) (Unpeeled)|
|Fresh jalapeno||1 1⁄2 Ounce (2 Or 3 Chilies)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Dehydrated masa flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Corn Tortilla Flour)|
|Skimmed chicken broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Clam juice||32 Ounce (4 Bottles, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Ears of corn/1 package of 10 ounce frozen corn kernels||2 (6 To 8 Inch)|
|Limes||2 , cut in half|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1891 Calories from Fat 283
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.7%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.6 mg
Sodium 5325 mg221.9%
Total Carbohydrates 352 g117.3%
Dietary Fiber 38.1 g152.5%
Sugars 87.6 g
Protein 88 g177%
Vitamin A 189.8% Vitamin C 308.8%
Calcium 41.3% Iron 72.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Pour puree and oil into a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat. Stir often until mixture is slightly darker, 5 to 7 minutes.
3- Mix masa flour and broth. Stir into pan along with clam juice.
4. For added flavor, if desired, rub crab butter through a fine strainer into pan.
5. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring; occasionally; cover and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, remove husks and silk from corn. With a heavy knife, cut corn crosswise into 1-inch-wide wheels; if needed, pound back of knife gently with mallet to force blade through cob.
7. Add epazote (if dried, tie in cheesecloth), corn, and crab pieces to pan. Cover and simmer until crab is hot, 5 minutes (if cooked) to 10 minutes (if raw). Remove and discard epazote.
8. Ladle soup into bowls. Season to taste with salt and juice squeezed from limes.