- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mexican Cornbread Recipe
|Canned green chilies||4 , seeded and finely chopped (California Type)|
|Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned cream style corn||9 Ounce (1 Small Can)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Yellow cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||8 Ounce, shredded (2 Cups)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2537 Calories from Fat 1390
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 165 g254.3%
Saturated Fat 58.4 g292.1%
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 621.2 mg
Sodium 5336 mg222.3%
Total Carbohydrates 188 g62.8%
Dietary Fiber 18.6 g74.5%
Sugars 12.9 g
Protein 85 g170.2%
Vitamin A 79.8% Vitamin C 187.7%
Calcium 261.7% Iron 71.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Beat salad oil and eggs in a large bowl, till it is well blended.
2. Add sour cream, 1 1/2 cup cheese, cornmeal, chilies, corn, sour cream, baking powder and salt while stirring constantly. Stir to blend well.
3. Grease a 9 inches square or round pan. Pour the mixture.
4. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese as a topping.
5. Preheat oven to 350°
6. Bake for 1 hour at 350° or till it gets a brown crust. ( Check if completely ready by inserting a pick in the center. If it comes out clean, it is cooked.
7. Serve Mexican bread warm.
Tips: If you use it later, wrap the bread in a heavy foil and refrigerate. When in need, reheat the bread in its wrapped foil for 30 minutes in 300°. If the bread was frozen reheat for 1 hour.