- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mexican Corn Bread Recipe
|Yellow cornmeal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Creamed corn||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded sharp cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned chopped mild green chilies||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Jalapeno||1⁄2 , seeded and chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1581 Calories from Fat 1001
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 111 g171.3%
Saturated Fat 40.6 g203.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 371.3 mg
Sodium 3005.6 mg125.2%
Total Carbohydrates 108 g35.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.4%
Sugars 15.7 g
Protein 44 g87.8%
Vitamin A 43.2% Vitamin C 46.5%
Calcium 169% Iron 27.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven hot to 400 degrees.
2) Lightly grease baking dish with butter.
3) In a medium-size bowl mix together dry ingredients.
4) Take another medium-size bowl and beat in egg. Stir oil, sour cream, creamed corn and shredded cheese.
5) Blend corn mixture and cornmeal mixture. Mix chilies and jalapeno.
6) Transfer to greased baking dish and bake 25 minutes till golden brown.
7) Take off bread from oven.
8) Cut into squares and serve warm.